Monday, September 4, 2017

If You Get A Bad Instructor in Real Estate School in North Carolina..

     Yesterday, I received a sad email from a man in that had just taken a real estate licensing course from a real estate school in the flat end of North Carolina.

     He told me that his instructor was was pretty dull and uninteresting.  He told me that she did not really understand the material well enough to explain it.  He also told me that fourteen out of fourteen of the students enrolled in the class, failed the real estate school exam.  He emailed me to ask for advice.  He was asking me because he had watched my North Carolina real estate math videos on You Tube.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMdJ-2iHepM&t=69s  Here is a link to one of the "Black Shirt" videos.  Watch all five of them if you are soon taking the North Carolina real estate exam.

     Here is the advice that I gave this man.  I told him to read every word of the text book.  Read every chapter at least once .  Three times would be better.  Read the "comments", Appendix A on page 615 of the ninth edition.  Read that at least three times.  Read "Real Estate Licensing In North Carolina' on page 638 of the textbook.  Here is a video to tell you what that is about. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZFPZGo_DJ4&t=286s   This little brochure from the North Carolina Real Estate Commission tells us exactly what is on the North Carolina real estate exam.  This is the same ratio that this material is on the school exam.

     I told him to share any help he could find on the internet with his classmates.  Get together with your classmates and study together.  make passing the North Carolina real estate exam a group activity.

     I told him that one of my competitors has the entire class posted on You Tube.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPGFNWukT8Q&t=290s   Here is a link to the first one.  This is free help.  Watch them all.

First Real Estate School in Hendersonville, N.C. 
     I told him to answer all the questions at the end of the chapters.  Really answer them like a test.  Grade yourself.  If you are not passing those, you probably won't pass the real estate school test which is written by the North Carolina real estate commission.  I told him to do all the other tests that are in the textbook.  I have have a free practice exam right here on this blog as well as a 100 question practice exam at www.ncreexam.com  Do those practice tests.

     I also have a North Carolina exam review at www.northcarolinaexamreview.com  on video.  This is not free .  It is certainly worthwhile.

     I also told  him to write his own questions.  Make flash cards.  Put,"What North Carolina law regulates ad valorum taxes ?" on one side of a 3x5 card and the
"machinery act" on the other side .  Make about  500 of these.  Use them.


    I suggested that he study any way he can morning,  noon and night.  I suggested that he could worry about his social life after he passed the North Carolina real estate exam, the exam with a 60% pass rate that costs $164 to take the second time.

     I suggested that there are many things that a student can do to help a struggling instructor.  Number one, pay attention.  Do not be part of the instructor's problem.  Be part of the instructor's solution.  Pay attention and insist that your classmates pay attention.  Talk to your classmates during the break .   Tell them that texting while the teacher is talking is RUDE RUDE RUDE.  Maybe they do not understand that.  Maybe they believe in multitasking.  I assure you will not be passing the North Carolina real estate exam if you are multitasking.  It is hard to listen to a mediocre instructor explain title insurance while posting on Facebook.  Do your part as a student.  Ask a question if you don't understand.  Don't attack and criticize the teacher.  Help the teacher.  Your tuition is spent.  You have to put in the hours.  It is going to affect your life more than it is the teacher's if you fail.

     Getting a real estate license in North Carolina is not easy.   The course is difficult.  The material is boring even if you have a fabulous instructor.  The North Carolina real estate exam is hard with a capital H.  Overstudy.  Study like you are appearing on a quiz show with a million dollar prize.
Guide to Passing AMP Real Estate Exam, get this book.

     There is a wonderful book titled "Guide to Passing the AMP Real Estate Exam" .  We sell this book on our website at www.firstrealestateschool.com  .   I am sad to admit this.  I did not know how wonderful this book was until my own students started telling me.  I now sell it in class as well as the website.  Get this book.  It is full of questions and wonderful explanations.  It is published by Dearborn, the same people that publish you real estate textbook.

    If you are in the mountain end of North Carolina and you want to get a real estate license, consider us, First Real Estate School, in Hendersonville.  Study, study,study.

2 comments:

  1. I can't begin to thank you enough . I am presently doing all these things . If not for your material I came across in weeks before I would have been totally lost ... I will let you know how it goes with clas . Thanks again !
    Chris

    ReplyDelete