Thursday, October 12, 2017

One Chore Per Day Will Make A Good Day

I have developed a theory that a good way to get things done is use my one chore per day method.  Here is how it works.  I assign myself ONE chore  to do tomorrow, not two, not ten ONE. 

I promise myself that tomorrow I will get my "Ron Climer Explains Comparative Market Analysis" video posted on You Tube.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4b78lDQtfE  I have been intending to get this video posted for three weeks.  On October 11th, I am going to get this video posted on You Tube. 

First thing when I get out of bed, Kathy asked,"What is on your agenda for today?".  My answer," Post my video on You Tube.".  Kathy has several other suggestions of things that I could should do.
New Ideas and New Careers at First Real Estate School 


Nope!  I am putting no effort into any project until that video is on You Tube.  This should be a forty minute job.  I will not bore you with the details.  I will tell you this.  I started at 8:50 AM.  At 2:04 PM, I am finished.

The video is on You Tube.  I have sent a email to my students with a link to it and a suggestion that they watch it. 

In his excellent audio series, "Lead The Field", Earl Nightingale tells a story of a man named Ivey Lee that was paid $25,000 by Charles Schwab for a single idea. http://www.nightingale.com/lead-field.html  That idea was to write down the six most important tasks that you need to accomplish tomorrow.  Put them in order of importance .  Do the most important one first.  Then the second, then the third etc. 

At this stage in my life, just one chore a day, an important chore, is enough.  If I get one chore accomplished, I am a happy camper.  If I get to the second one, that is even more wonderful.  If not, one chore done, finished, accomplished is enough for me. 

Do one important chore every day.  That will be a good day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment