Sunday, March 18, 2018

Ask Your Real Estate Instructor If You Have A Question

     On my practice test for the North Carolina real estate exam at www.ncreexam.com , I have some moderately difficult questions.  Frequently, participants will leave a comment and question my answer.  For instance, yesterday, I received a comment concerning a question.  The student's comment was, " Question 36 asks which is the best deed for the grantor?  You said the answer is quit claim deed.  Our real estate instructor told us that the best deed is is the general warranty deed.  Which is correct?  My North Carolina real estate exam is tomorrow.  Please reply promptly." 

     I did not reply promptly.  This comment was two days old before I replied.  I sent the student an email and explained that the question asked which deed is best for the GRANTOR, not the grantee.  A quit claim imposes no liability on the grantor.  Therefore a quit claim deed is best for the grantor.

     She replied, "Thanks for your reply.  I passed my North Carolina real estate test yesterday.  Your practice test was a big help.".  That was a happy ending.
If you can't reach your instructor, call a classmate

     The reason I am writing this article is to suggest that, as well as contacting me via comments, that student should have also contacted her real estate instructor and asked her for help.

     Most real estate instructors have time for a email or phone call.  You should have your instructor's contact information written in your real estate textbook.

     When you call your instructor, be certain that you have the question EXACTLY and the choices.  You have paid your tuition.  Ask for help.

     If you are reluctant to call your instructor, call a classmate.  Call that lady that raises her hand every time that the teacher asks a question.  If you do not have her contact info, please read my previous article, "http://rondclimer.blogspot.com/2017/12/what-about-those-trick-questions-on.html "

     If you are reluctant to call your classmate, get over it.  Calling strangers and casual acquaintances is an essential skill to success selling real estate.  Your classmate will welcome your call .   I am certain.

     Many of my classes form a Facebook group.  Ask there.  Your classmates will appreciate it.

     Get help before you go take the North Carolina real estate exam.  It costs $164 to take it again.  The pass rate last month was sixty one per cent.  http://rondclimer.blogspot.com/2018/01/pass-fail-ratio-for-north-carolina-real.html  It costs $164 to take the North Carolina real estate exam again.  If you are soon taking the North Carolina real estate exam, try my practice test at www.ncreexam.com

     If you need to get your North Carolina real estate license, join us at First Real Estate School in Hendersonville.  www.firstrealestateschool.com  for your basic real estate course.

No comments:

Post a Comment