Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Hendersonville North Carolina Toastmasters Club

     Many people find themselves on a career path where the ability to speak to a group is an essential skill.  Even if your career path does not require you to speak in public, this skill can enhance any career.  Public speaking is is a fun and profitable skill to learn.

     This is what Toastmasters in Hendersonville, North Carolina is about.  Toastmasters is a club.  It is not a class that starts and ends.  It is a club that meets weekly.  It goes on for as long as you find it beneficial.  For me, that is over thirty years.  Four Seasons Toastmasters in Hendersonville, North Carolina meets every Wednesday morning at 8 A.M. We invite you to join us.  www.fourseasonstoastmasters.com .

     Toastmasters is not a service club.  It is a club to learn.  You will learn to speak better.  You will learn leadership skills.  People join Toastmasters for lots of reasons.  "It will look good on my resume", a young lady told her audience was the reason she joined Toastmasters many years ago.  It was obvious from the eloquent speech she had just delivered that she had gained a lot more benefit from Toastmasters than just a bullet point on a resume.  
Betty McCallister has used her Toastmaster skills to enhance her real estate career


     Once, we had a young man join our Toastmasters club.  He told us the reason he had sought us out and joined us was because he had attended his best friend's funeral.  He was asked to speak but he could not.  He was afraid to stand up in front of a group of his friends and express his feelings.  He joined Toastmasters to get over this fear.

     Then there is me.  I joined Toastmasters thirty years ago because I read in a book that joining Toastmasters would make me a better salesperson.  I had just started my real estate career and it made sense to me.  Today, I am certain that much of my income has come to me from what I learned at Toastmasters.  Maybe, I would have learned these things anyway.  I doubt it.

     People join Toastmasters for a dozen different reasons.  They all boil down to self improvement.  There is not much that affects your success more than who you associate with.  The one thing that all Toastmasters have in common is a desire to be better and teach others to be better.  You can't go wrong associating with people like that. 

     Join us at Toastmasters in Hendersonville, North Carolina at 8 A.M.on Wednesday.  I can promise you that you will meet some very nice people.  I can promise you that you will learn to be a better public speaker.  I can promise you that you will learn leadership skills that will enhance your career and put money in your pocket.  I can promise that it will be fun.  Join us on Wednesday morning at 8 o,clock.  Call me at 828 755 6996 if you need more details.

     If you are not near Hendersonville, you can still benefit from joining Toastmasters.  There is a Toastmaster club in most cities.  Go to the Toastmasters website at  www.toastmasters.org .  Toastmasters has been around since 1927. 

      

No comments:

Post a Comment