Saturday, January 2, 2016

Antiques Motorcycles Need Special Mecahnics In Carolina

     When you need a repair done to your antique motorcycle, you need a special mechanic.  When my 1961 Harley Davidson Super 10 would not start, I had to find a mechanic that knew what a Super 10 is.  My first phone call was to East Coast Cycles in Forest City, North Carolina.  Billy told me he did not really know "Hummers".  http://www.eastcoastcyclesnc.com/
Chesnee Classic Cycles is across from Chesnee Post Office


     He referred me to Myron in Saluda, North Carolina.  Myron told me he was not a "Hummer" expert but Dennis Harris at Chesnee Classic Cycles in Chesnee, South Carolina was.  I was off to Chesnee Classic Cycles.  
If you need repair on an antique bike, Call Randy 


     Taking your antique motorcycle to the repair shop is not the same as taking a modern bike to the shop. The last thing you want to hear is," What is that?".  Antique bikes and antique cars are special to the people that own them.  Any antique bike owner will appreciate the way that Pee Wee and Randy Bishop treated me.  They knew what a Super 10 was. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harley-Davidson_Hummer   They assured me that my Super 10 was in good hands.
Randy Bishop at Chesnee Classic Cycles fixed my Super 10

      The shop looked like 1961. I wrote my name and phone number on a piece of paper.  I felt comfortable leaving my 54 year old bike at Chesnee Classic Cycles.

     I went back today to pick it up.  It fired up on the second kick.  As we loaded it in the truck, Randy told me that he was proud to work on my antique bike.  I told Randy, if it needs any more work, I will be back to Chessnee Classic Cycles.

     If you have an antique motorcycle and you live any where near Chesnee, South Carolina, call Randy.  He won't say,"What is that?".

     If you have never been to Chesnee, South Carolina, put the last week end in July on your schedule.  Chesnee has "Antique Bikes On Main" .  It is a super bike show if you like old bikes.  http://www.antiquebikesonmain.com/  It is not as big as Daytona but it is a great day if you live anywhere in Carolina.  Check it out .  I will be there.

www.ronclimer.com
       

No comments:

Post a Comment