Thursday, March 3, 2016

I Have Never Met Chris Finlayson But I Like Him

     If you have read Steven Covey's book,"Seven Habits", you are familiar with the win win principle.  If you can make all of your business transactions win win, this is good.  If you can win and your customer can win, everyone is happy.  One way you can make sure this happens is to intend to give more than you get in every business transaction. 

     I recently had a business transaction where a motorcycle mechanic gave me more than my money's worth.  I have not paid him any money so far.  Here is the short version.  I sent Chris  at Existential Motorcycle Repair an email.  I ask if he could repair my 1986 Suzuki Calvacade.  I told him it would not start.  I told him the symptoms.

     He emailed me back.  He told me that he did not work much on big touring bikes but he told me in great detail EXACTLY how to fix my own bike.  Chris did not have to help me as much as he did.  He did.  I appreciate it. If you look at Chris' website you will see that he confessed to be called to fix old Japanese bikes  http://existentialmotorcycles.com/blog/about/   in a theological way.   I have no problem believing that. I have not met Chris at Existential Motorcycles but I certainly do like him.  If you need your Honda or Yamaha or Suzuki or any other bike repaired, I think I can safely recommend Chris even if I haven't met him.

     If you can structure your business where you give more than you get, you will get more than you give.

     This worked for Sam Walton.  It will work for you.  In his book, "Think And Grow Rich", Napoleon Hill devotes an entire chapter to 'going the extra mile'.  Try to give your employer more than he pays you for.  Try to give your customer more than he deserves.  Try to give more in a business relation than you get.

     If your employer is not paying you enough, take a lesson from Chris.  Give your employer more.  If your customer does not seem to appreciate your efforts, do more for your customer.  You will be amazed at what happens.
www.ronclimer.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment