Tuesday, September 16, 2014

New In Real Estate, Find A Prospect

     If you are starting a new career in sales, you need to know the rules.  Usually, the rule is, the more you sell, the more money you make.

     I spent most of my career selling real estate.  One hundred per cent commission is not for sissies.  It amazes me that many people in 100% commission jobs will not do what they know they have to do to be successful.  It is simple.  You have to talk to prospects.  Prospects are people that need or want your product.  A person that wants to buy a house is a prospect.  A person that needs a Realtor to help them sell their real estate is a prospect.  Prospects are people that need your product. 
Ron D. Climer understands real estate

     If the sun comes up and goes down again without you talking to a prospect, you won't make any money that day.  A few days of that in a row will depress you.  If you are a new real estate agent reading this article, have you spoken to a prospect today?  If not, why not?  Does this concern you?  What time is it?  If you intend to make some money today, you need to talk to a prospect today.  Call one.

     What are you doing to get prospects to call you?  Do you have a blog?  Do you have a You Tube channel?  Is your phone ringing? Are you talking to prospects?  If your phone isn't ringing, you need to be concerned.  Are you concerned?  How many days can you get along with no income?  How many days do you want to to get along with no income?

     Find a prospect.  Go talk to them.  Do not over complicate this real estate sales business.  Do you have a blog?  How often do you post on it?  Do you post anything that a real estate buyer or seller would want to know?  Does your competitor have a blog?  Can anyone find you on the internet?  If I Google 'Best real estate agent in your neighborhood', who comes up?  Do you?  I can teach you to come up first when someone Googles ' Best real estate agent in your neighborhood'.  Would you like me to teach you that?  If you would, call me at 828 440 1064.  I can do my part if you can do your part.

     Talking to prospects is how to make money in real estate.  You can make your phone ring.  You can dial the phone.  Who can you call?  Call prospects.  A prospect is someone that needs or want your product.  Is a forsalebyowner a prospect?  Is the pope catholic?  Of course, a forsalebyowner is a prospect.  Do they need a Realtor?  Yes, they do.  Will they list with you if you don't call them?  Will they list with you if you do call them?  The odds are much better if you do call them than if you don't.  Can you give me ten reasons why you should NOT call some forsalebyowners today?  Let me give you ten:

     I am afraid someone will reject me.
     I am afraid I will waste my time
     I am afraid I will embarrass myself
     I am afraid they will not like me.
     I am afraid I don't need the money that bad.
     I am afraid I don't know what to say.
     I am afraid I am too busy doing non productive, low rejection stuff.
     I am afraid I might fail.
     I am afraid my phone won't work.
     I am afraid my peers will laugh at me.

     Here are ten reasons why you should call some forsalebyowners today.

     You need the money
     You need the practice of talking to people
     You need to look at their houses to familiarize yourself with the market.
     Forsalebyowners will teach you things that a sales trainer, like me, will never teach you.
     They are going to list with someone.
     Maybe you can refer them to a real estate broker in their new city.
     What else are you doing with you precious time?
     You need to research your next blog title.
     You need to practice smiling and saying ,"That's nice"
     You need the money

     Calling forsalebyowners is not for everyone.  If you are closing four house per month from people that are calling you, you do not need to be calling forsalebyowners.  If you don't have time to work with the prospects that you have, why would you want to call forsalebyowners?  If your biggest problem is finding time to write ads for all your listings, you do not need to waste your time with luke warm prospects like forsalebyowners.   Calling forsalebyowners is for Realtors whose phone is not ringing.  If you are not talking to a prospect, you are not headed towards a commission.

     If you want a little help learning to call forsalebyowners, watch this video.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhzCdscDqxc   If you want a lot of help learning to call prospects, call me at 828 440 1064

     Get yourself face to face with a prospect.  You will make more money talking to prospects than you will talking to your co workers. Prepare for tomorrow.  Call a prospect today.

     Be my friend on Facebook.  Ron D. Climer  I send out a daily message on Facebook  to new Realtors. 

1 comment:

  1. "Fail fast to succeed sooner" - the motto of IDEO, one of the most innovative companies ever. Basically, if you want to get good at something get out and fail b/c we learn from failures and that makes us better quicker.

    ReplyDelete