Monday, October 13, 2014

Creativity, You Have More Than You Know

     Creativity is taunted  as being some unique, highly desirable  trait that some people have and the rest of us lowly mortals can not get.  The truth is we all have creativity in us .  We just have to let it out.

     Here is a teeny tiny small piece of creativity for you.  If you are not doing  this already, please try it.  Your rewards will far outweigh any effort you put into this.  I have already suggested this to my Income Increase Challenge participants.

     Get out of bed a few minutes early tomorrow.  Get a cup of coffee and a legal pad or wire bound notebook.  Sit down alone and write down your biggest goal as a question.
What should I be doing to list 5 houses per month?
 How can I get my weight to ____ pounds?
 How can I find a wonderful person to marry?

 Then, write down twenty answers to the question.  Don't worry that some of your answers may be ridiculous.  Don't concern yourself that some of your answers may cost a million dollars to implement.  Just write down twenty answers to your question.  Think of ways to accomplish your goal.  If you will keep writing down ideas, you may write down a winner.  I wrote down an idea many years ago that tripled my income in one year. The ideas don't always come out fully developed and ready to implement.  Everything starts with ideas.  One ancillary benefit to doing this is that you become more open and receptive to ideas from other sources.

     Another benefit to doing this .  It gets easier.  Just like weight lifting or jogging, it is hard when you start but six months later, it is easy.  I suggested that you use a legal pad or wire bound notebook.  I believe that there is a connection between our brains and our hands.  Writing down the ideas with a ball point pen is part of the magic.  Put a date on every list.  Come back a year or two later and look at your old lists.  That may spark a new idea.

     I could go on and on and write 1000 more words about this.  I won't.  Try this with just a little discipline.  You will amaze yourself.
     www.ronclimer.com                                  www.climerconsulting.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment