Friday, October 10, 2014

October Tenth, Income Increase Challenge

     Here are today's instruction.  Run yesterday's expired listings off the MLS computer.  Find a website where forsalebyowners advertise.  Write down the name and number for at least five forsalebyowners  in your neighborhood.  Add ten names to your who you know list. If you did not spend a few minutes alone first thing this morning,  writing down the "ten ways to get face to face with a prospect today", find a few minutes to do this sometime today.

     I did this for years first thing in the morning. For the last five years, I didn't do it first thing in the morning.  I did it the when I first got to my classroom.  When I was teaching at Climer School of Real Estate, class started at 8 AM.  I always got to class at about 7:15.  I usually had about twenty minutes of alone time before students started to show up.  I wrote down my goal.  I wrote down things I could do to accomplish that goal.  This works.  If you are not doing this every day, start. I promise you you will amaze yourself. 

     Have you started sending mail to yesterday's expired?  I like the post cards from the post office if money is a problem.  If you read my previous blogpost about expired listings, you remember I told you that I sent a letter to every expired every day.  If you can't do a letter, do a post card.  If you can't afford to do them all, do five.  This works.

     Your prospect traps will only work if you put bait in them.  Post a blogpost on your blog.  Post a video on your You Tube.  If you can't do both, do one.  Need an idea,  http://activerain.trulia.com/blogsview/4506940/what-to-write-about-as-fall-hits-full-swing----1000-points-inside-  

     Today is Friday.  Here is a little  exercise for you to try.  Set weekly goals. Is one listing a week a superstar goal?  I don't think so.  It is certainly a worthy goal if you are currently doing less than that.  If one listing is your weekly goal, do this.  If you don't have a listing on Friday night when the sun sets on Friday, work on Saturday.  If you do meet your goal, reward yourself and don't work on Saturday.  If you don't meet your goal, get up Saturday morning .  Go to the office.  Start calling yesterday's expired listings.  Get face to face with a prospect today. 

     I have to give you one more instruction.  Go back to the October first expired.  Get a phone number for one of them.  Call that one expired.  Ask them if they have listed with a Realtor.  I will bet they have.  They are going to list with someone.  It may as well be you.

No comments:

Post a Comment